Sustainable Development Goals
Oroboros supports the Sustainable Development Goals: a set of 17 Goals adopted in 2015 by the United Nations’ member states as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. In September 2019, a call for a decade of action for sustainable development has been done to mobilize and strength to achieve the Goals by the target date of 2030. Many of the goals resonate with our company ethos.
Read more about the initiative here: www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment
Good health and well-being
Encouraging a healthy lifestyle
1. "Walk & Talk" sessions at our O2k-Workshops.
2. Support of the "Österreichische Schulsporthilfe" (Austrian School Sport Aid) by donation.
3. Research looking into lifestyle impact on mitochondrial function.
Equal opportunities for all genders at Oroboros
1. Equal pay independent of gender.
2. Gender balance of 60 % women and 40 % men.
3. 85 % of managerial positions at Oroboros are held by women.
Decent work and economic growth
Supporting and strengthening the Austrian economy
1. Based in Innsbruck. Local production at WGT - only 20 km away.
2. Our salaries are above the collective agreement.
3. We push the Tyrol/Austrian market by supporting regional companies (e.g. local printing agency).
Responsible consumption and production
Conscious in science and social matters
1. Long-lasting life of the O2k-hardware. Lifespan > 10 years.
2. Reusable parts – glass chambers.
3. Recyclable packaging of the O2k instrument.
4. Conscious team effort: we recycle, make our own compost, and reduce power usage at our headquarters.
5. Hybrid company cars instead of fossil-fuel-reliant ones.
Active climate protection
1. Low running costs and low energy consumption of our instruments.
2. We consider the environmental impact of our travels before selecting the mode of transportation.
3. Our manuals are available online/on USB meaning minimal printing.