The Oroboros Laboratory
The Oroboros Laboratory does more than just research and development. While thorough instrumental testing and innovations are key to creating our robust and high-quality products, our expert scientists also participate in international projects and collaborate with researchers worldwide. On top of that, they impart their knowledge and know-how by providing training to our customers at O2k-Workshops and hosting visiting researchers.
Their expertise is at your fingertips, take advantage:
- O2k-Workshops and O2k-Coaching Days
- O2k-Technical Support
- Scientific advice in mitochondrial physiology: MitoPedia, O2k-Open Support, and The Blue Book
The Oroboros O2k-Laboratory (‘Mitochondriales Forschungslabor’) is our research laboratory in Innsbruck, Austria, equipped with the latest instruments – including the NextGen-O2k – each with automatic Titration-Injection microPumps and O2k-MultiSensor Modules. Here the team rigorously tests the innovations and dedicates time to instrumental development and direct applications in physiology, biomedical research, and algal biotechnology.
- ALAS – algae light acclimation strategy to maximize growth in bioreactors
- TissueModels – establishing tissue-specific cell models with culture medium additives
- MitoKIN – systematic barcoding of kinase-controlled mitochondrial function
- FAT4BRAIN – networking for excellence in functional pharmacology to study the role of fatty acid metabolism in neurological disorders