Power-O2k at Everest Base Camp
OXPHOS analysis with 5 O2k - hypoxia and high-altitude acclimation of muscle mitochondria in Sherpas and Caucasians »Xtreme Everest 2 Expedition, March-May 2013.
The OROBOROS Oxygraph-2k
- to explore the Power of Life
O2k - the modular system for high-output
high-resolution respirometry, HRR
'OXPHOS analysis extends simple bioenergetics to the level of mitochondrial physiology' (Gnaiger 2012).
>925 O2k-Publications listed by topics and chronologically
- The world's most Powerful, Popular and Prestigeous respirometer for cellular and mitochondrial research.a
- High efficiency - low running costs.b
- O2k-MultiSensor: Combining HRR with fluorometry (ROS production, mt-membrane potential, ATP-production, Ca2+), potentiometric measurement of pH, TPP+ and Ca2+, amperometric measurement of NO.c
- World-wide standard for diagnosis of mitochondrial function in health and disease.
- Flexibility for respiration of isolated mitochondria, homogenates, cultured cells and small tissue biopsies.d
- OXPHOS analysis with substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titration (SUIT) protocols to study multiple respiratory states in a single experimental incubation: no other platform is suited for application of SUIT protocols.
- Flexibility within experiments, on-line display of concentration and flux, automatic software controlled titrations.e
Pesta D, Gnaiger E (2012) High-resolution respirometry. OXPHOS protocols for human cells and permeabilized fibres from small biopisies of human muscle. Methods Mol Biol 810: 25-58.
- a new Quality in Science
O2k-Feedback: 'Once you've had a taste of high-performance, there's no going back'.
get O2k-Connected .. it's not Warburg, it's O2k
>> O2k versus XFe - why it matters
OROBOROS - Top 10 Reasons: Leading technology, sole source, long-term experience, economical, no investors, no expensive advertising, scientific committment, Corporate Social Responsibility ...
Gentle Science Shapes the World
Mitochondrial Physiology Society - MiP
Conference on Comparative Mitochondrial Physiology
Sept 23-27 2013, Obergurgl, Austria
►Bioblast wiki ►O2k-Catalogue ►O2k-Fluorescence ►MitoPedia Glossary: Respiratory states
(a) >925 O2k-Publications; O2k-WorldWide
HRR since 1992 - Ref: Gnaiger E, Steinlechner-Maran R, Méndez G, Eberl T, Margreiter R (1995) Control of mitochondrial and cellular respiration by oxygen. J Bioenerg Biomembr 27: 583-596.
(b) High efficiency - low running costs
(c) O2k-Fluorescence; O2k-TPP and Ca2+; O2k-pH; O2k-NO
(d) HRR of isolated mitochondria, intact cells, permeabilized cells, permeabilized tissues
Ref: Gnaiger E (2008) Polarographic oxygen sensors, the oxygraph and high-resolution respirometry to assess mitochondrial function. In: Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Drug-Induced Toxicity (Dykens JA, Will Y, eds) John Wiley: 327-352.