IOC49 O2k-Course on High-Resolution Respirometry - Florida, USA
Gainesville, Florida: 2009-Feb 23 to 25
Address: ICBR (Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research)
1376 Mowry Road,
Gainesville, FL 32610.
Local Organizer: Prof. Dr. Christiaan Leeuwenburgh - email@example.com
Lecturers, Tutors and Programme
Erich Gnaiger, PhD and Mario Fasching, PhD will be responsible for the practical and theoretical introduction into high-resolution respirometry, in cooperation with the local experts.
In addition to the practical hands-on program, a general research seminar will be presented during the course by Erich Gnaiger:
Control of oxidative phosphorylation in human skeletal muscle: A paradigm shift from bioenergetics to mitochondrial physiology [Tuesday, 24 February 3:30-4:30 PM, Department of Botany & Zoology in 211 Bartram Hall]
Directions to ICBR
The ICBR is located in the South Wing of the first floor of the Cancer and Genetics Research Complex (CGRC). At the intersection of Gale Lemerand Dr (was North-South Dr) and 1900 SW Archer Rd:
- Turn North onto Gale Lemerand Dr (was North-South Dr) from SW Archer Rd.
- Turn West (left) onto Mowry Rd.
- Turn South (left) at the CGRC/ICBR sign.
Download map [pdf; 130 KB, 2009-02-196]
In case you get lost or need better directions you can call:
Lodging and Parking
The three nearest hotels are:
- The UF Reitz Union Hotel, located here on campus on Museum Road (Phone 352-392-2151 or visit their website )
- The Hilton University of Florida Conference Center, located at 1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, FL (Phone 352-371-3600 or visit their website)
- The Paramount Resort and Conference Center, located at 2900 SW 13th Street, Gainesville, FL (Phone 352-377-4000 or 1-800-325-3535 or visit their website).
The UF Reitz Union is within walking distance and the Hilton and Paramount hotels provide shuttles to Shands/UF Health Science Center and the Gainesville Regional Airport. For more local hotel information, please visit http://www.visitgainesville.net
- If you choose to park on campus: Contact the University Police Dept. at 352-392-5447 to request a parking permit for the duration of the workshop.
- Park in the Shands Patient & Visitor parking garages for a fee of $3 per day.
Course Registration - February 2009
O2k Course Orlando or Gainesville, Florida, USA
Limited number of participants. Registrations will be confirmed until courses are complete.
Contact OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS